Saturday, May 13, 2017

I Just Want to Pee Alone by Various Authors

Title: I Just Want to Pee Alone
Authors: Stacey Hatton, Robyn Welling, Susan McLain, Karen Alpert, Julianna W. Miner, Anna Luther, and more.
Genre: Parenting Humor
Published: February 27, 2013
Pages: 204
Goodreads

Synopsis

Motherhood is the toughest – and funniest – job you'll ever love. Raising kids is hard work. The pay sucks, your boss is a tyrant, and the working conditions are pitiful – you can't even take a bathroom break without being interrupted with another outrageous demand. Hasn't every mother said it before? “I just want to pee alone!” I Just Want to Pee Alone is a collection of hilarious essays from 37 of the most kick ass mom bloggers on the web. Including: People I Want to Punch in the Throat, Insane in the Mom-Brain, The Divine Secrets of a Domestic Diva, Baby Sideburns, and Rants From Mommyland. Read hysterical essays like: Embarrassment, Thy Name is Motherhood A Pinterest-Perfect Mom, I am Not And Then There was that Time a Priest Called Me a Terrible Mother So She Thought She Could Cut Off My Stroller.

Review

I was given a copy of this book at a baby shower (not mine). I was just standing there next to the present table, and someone walked up and gave me a present. I was totally shocked for a minute because I didn't think guests at baby showers were supposed to get presents, but then I just ripped right into the package and discovered this book. People were giving me really strange looks for the rest of the shower, but I probably just had a booger hanging out of my nose or something. 

I was able to totally relate to the stories in this book, which is really weird because I don't even have kids or pets, and yet there is ALWAYS someone in the bathroom watching me pee (they usually leave me alone when I'm dropping a deuce, I'm sure you can imagine why.) All I want is just a little bit of time to myself to pee and read a chapter or five in my newest book. Is that really too much to ask? (Apparently, because I never get it!) 

While I thought these stories were all funny, they all felt like really manufactured. Like who has kids that are that awful? When I'm a parent, you better believe that my kids won't behave like the kids in these stories behave. There will be no melt-downs in the dairy section of the grocery store, and my kids will always be perfect angels when we go out to eat. I tell you what. Honestly, once I have kids, I'm probably going to write a book about how to be the perfect parent. I might even just start writing it right now, because I already know pretty much everything there is to know about parenting. 

So I give this book a deuce, because it did make me laugh, but I just can't respect the authors because they clearly don't have their shit together. 

Buy the Book


Alternate Reviews

If you would like to read some legitimate reviews of I Just Want to Pee Alone, click any of the following links.

No comments:

Post a Comment