Sunday, July 16, 2017

Finding Love Again by Christa Ann

Title: Finding Love Again
Author: Christa Ann
Genre: Romance
Published: August 23, 2016
Publisher: After Glows Publishing, LLC
Pages: 124
Goodreads

Synopsis

Widow Shannon Ward lives for her job and her children. Not wanting to feel that bone deep pain of losing her husband suddenly in a car accident, Shannon closed off her heart. Her four best friends and children decide she needs to get out and live again and maybe find love. A girls only vacation to the Mountains of Montana maybe just what she needs. Finding love again is farthest from her mind and definitely not on her to-do list. However, a certain sexy rancher may change her mind.

Rancher Ryan Collins has finally got divorced from his high school sweet heart. Though both agree they should’ve never married. The only thing good that came out of that marriage was his three children. Ryan is done with love and women in his life. He’s happy with running his ranch and bachelorhood. So he thinks until he meets Shannon.

Two hearts closed off from love and determined to stay that way, until that first glance at each other in a diner. Will Shannon and Ryan risk their hearts one more time to find love again or walk away?

Review

picked up a copy of this book from my library during their semi-annual book sale. It was only a quarter and it looked like exactly the kind of book I'd be willing to spend at most a quarter on. I was pretty much right. 

I spent a disproportionate amount of time reading this book trying to figure out why anyone would think the mountains in Montana are the ideal getaway location for a group of women. Seriously, I just could not relate to that aspect of the story at all. If any of my friends planned a girls trip like that, it would for sure be a hard pass for me, and I might start looking for a new group of friends, because clearly the current friends just don't get me at all. 

So after I came to terms with the fact that apparently this type of vacation actually appeals to Shannon (and other real women who actually exist) I started to get into the story a little bit. I mean, I can at least relate to wanting to have some downtime away from the kids (I think pretty much every mother who is honest with herself would). In spite of that, I still think it's weird that you'd seriously consider dating a guy you met on vacation because those guys are really only good for one thing, and that's hot meaningless sex. The sooner we all agree on that and accept that there is nothing wrong with having hot meaningless sex with men who are basically strangers, the better off we will be. 

So in the end, this book was a bit of a miss for me. It had some highlights, but for the most part I just couldn't get on board with this trip. 

I give it two sickly cows. 

Buy the Book


Alternate Reviews

If you would like to read some legitimate reviews of Finding Love Again, you'll have to check out Goodreads or Amazon as I was unable to find any blog reviews for this title. 


No comments:

Post a Comment